Hipflat (http://www.hipflat.co.th) is a fast-growing online real estate search portal, used by thousands of home buyers in Thailand in the last 3 years. Our goal is boost transparency and effectiveness in the Thai property market.
We’ve built the most beautiful and fastest online home search experience in Thailand. What’s more? We also built the only property website that provides unique market trend data. This helps consumer users make much more informed and accurate decisions about property purchases or sales.
This is unique in the Thai market and, possibly, in SE Asia!
Hipflat is run by a passionate local and international team. We are financially backed by renowned international investors, including 500 Startups. See about us in the press:
Hipflat's customers are real estate agents and property developers. Our lead generation and advertising packages enable them to focus on deal closings instead of prospecting. We need more experienced professionals now to help grow the company to the next level of business.
Your role as a Head of Development team will involve the following responsibilities:
- Be the #1 technical guru in the company, responsible for thought leadership and for maintaining the technical edge over competitors
- Hire, coach and motivate the top-notch engineering team (initially 3-5 people and much more as we grow)
- Develop the technical strategy and roadmap that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint
- Estimate work units and manage agile development process to deliver superb products while meeting deadlines
- Conduct code reviews to ensure code quality standards
- Contribute to the company codebase, focusing on the most technically challenging tasks.
- Our current stack: Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, React, Redis, Sidekiq, Chef, Capistrano
- 3+ years in an engineering management role (Lead Engineer, VP of Engineering or CTO) with at least 3 direct reports. Experience in managing remote developers is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar.
- Mastery of base Computer Science principles. Ability to grasp the core concepts of a new technology, tool, framework or programming language in a weekend's time.
- Deep knowledge of Ruby programming language and Rails framework. Understanding the benefits and limitations of Rails, ability to think outside of "the Rails-way" box.
- Experience designing, building, deploying, and supporting large-scale applications
- Strong ability to analyse, understand and refactor large existing codebases. Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, microservices. Having experience in splitting a large Rails app into gems, engines and microservices is a big advantage.
- Deep understanding of modern front-end technologies: JS frameworks, CSS frameworks, HTML5, etc. Experience with React / Redux is an advantage.
Knowledge of Analytics / Big Data / Machine Learning state of the market.
- Enjoy and get energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions for very messy and outdated real estate industry
- Enjoy exploring the latest tech, platforms, design patterns and code development practices because it's fun
- Clear and confident oral and written communication skills
|งาน||Head of Web Application Development / Startup CTO (Ruby on Rails stack)|
|ผู้ประกอบการ||HipFlat (Thailand) Co., Ltd.|
|อุตสาหกรรม||คอมพิวเตอร์ / IT|
|ประเภทงาน||งานด้าน IT > วิศวโปรแกรมเมอร์|
|สถานที่ทำงาน||กรุงเทพมหานคร > คลองเตย|